Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Now I really feel old!

No, I haven't had another birthday, nor have either of the girls (although they are fast approaching). The reason for the title of this blog is that my oldest daughter Hannah recently obtained her provisional licence! When she first turned 16 (the age she could sit her theory test and obtain her learner's permit), she had no inclination to do so. That stage actually didn't last long and she passed the test first time. Then came the fun part - sitting behind the wheel of the car! Nine months later - she sat her driving test and passed first time! Initially she was rather hesitant about heading out on her own but that didn't last long. This week, as an example, she is out five nights, either on her own or with her siblings, as well as having the car one full day. Scary!?! Not really - I can't lie and tell you that I don't think about where she is or how she is going, but I do trust her and what is more, I entrust her to her Heavenly Father who loves her so much more than I ever could. I also have to admit that it has been really neat to have her drive herself places that I was previously required to. Tonight we met up somewhere and I reminded her that dad was wanting to go home, completely forgetting that she had the other car and her own keys and was completely capable of making her own way home. That is why I now feel really old - not only do I have a daughter that drives but I also forgot that she can!

No comments: