Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Angie at Take Christmas Back had a great idea for Christmas verse books that she could give out. She generously let me borrow her idea which I then turned into my version of a Christmas Card. I used some of her verses and added in my own favourites. I have given them out to friends and family with the invitation to meditate on the verses as we approach the busy christmas season. I actually laminated mine so that they would stand the wear and tear of being in a handbag. It is too easy to become caught up in the hustle and bustle of christmas and forget where our focus should be. None of what we are doing may in and of itself be wrong but it is all too easy for me to stress and worry over the little things because I want everything to be "just right". It was great to meditate on the verses myself and pray for the recipiants as I was putting the booklets together. Here is what the finished product looked like.











Besides starting to decorate the house (and garden), the other "Christmasy" thing we did this weekend was attend a ladies function at our church where we decorated gingerbread houses. The gingerbread pieces, icing and lollies were all supplied so all we had to do was put it together! It was so much fun that we are planning to spend a day with friends doing it all over again, this time with the younger children. Here are the photos of Hannah's and my houses that we created Friday night.

1 comment:

sheabetmc said...

Sheena,

I have finally figured out how to reply on this thing. I appreciate your sincere postings on our site. This may have been the most special Thanksgiving ever for us. And we are looking extremely forward to Christmas. I feel like I am viewing things differently, because I am looking to Christ rather than material gifts. There is no gift that can fill the hole in my heart, but the love and promises of Christ does. And He is truly the reason for the season. May God richly bless you and your family. We look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Shea Mc